Friday, May 27, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday #2



This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://www.book-bliss.com

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can.

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature is...




Louise from Book Bliss

Hi! My name's Louise and I'm the blogger behind BookBliss. I've always had a love of reading, when I was at primary school they actually ran out of books for me to read, as did my local library, I had to travel into town to the 'big' library in order to get books. Due to my love of reading I studied literature at university and hated it, although I enjoyed a lot of the books, I don't like reading because I have to and I don't like the in depth dissection of the books. I prefer to read a book to enjoy it and then be able to say what I liked about it without having to do an in-depth analysis.

When moving house recently my friend was amazed at how many books I had (a double book case full), I thought this was quite normal and that everyone would have bookcases full of books, apparently it's not. Around the same time I got asked to join Amazon Vine where in exchange for reviews you get certain products provided, they're primarily ARC's so I was made up, when I googled a lot of the books to see what people thought of them I discovered this whole book blogging world, I'm a top 1000 reviewer on Amazon but it had never occurred to me that I could do a blog as well. Throughout my family and in the office I'm known as the person to ask for a book recommendation, as I not only consider what I like but have a good feel for what other people will enjoy. My uncle loves the fact that I buy him books each year that he's never heard of as they're not chart toppers, yet he loves them. I figured if all these people like what I'm saying then it must be ok and so I launched BookBliss.

I read a huge variety of books although my favourites would be mystery/thriller and chick lit - an obvious connection! I have noticed that I've started to read different books since I started blogging as there's so many people saying about wonderful YA and paranormal books which I'd never have previously considered but I'm finding that I'm really enjoying them.

Q. How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

 

I read two hard copy books in a week.

1 comment:

  1. This was a nice book blogger question. My answer will probably embarrass me in comparison with my peers!

    Follow me back to my blog at prepare to be stunned – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday with a long weekend ahead. Everyone enjoy!

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete